SLY PARK RECREATION AREA
Pollock Pines, California
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Public access to SPRA is offered in accordance with California law, including the Government Claims Act.
If you choose to use SPRA you are voluntarily assuming all risk of injury or death from your use. Numerous hazards exist on this property, some of which may not be obvious or apparent. These hazards include, but are not limited to: steep unguarded cliffs; slippery surfaces; steep and unmaintained walkways, trails and, roadways; loose and unstable rocks; falling objects; hazardous plants and animals; underwater hazards; rapidly changing weather; and the conduct of others.
• Your reservation fee pays for THE 1ST VEHICLE IN THE SITE ONLY
• Per night charges for each additional vehicle ($15), pet ($5), & boats ($9) MUST BE PAID WHEN YOU ARRIVE
• LIMIT 8 PEOPLE for Regular campsites, LIMIT 12 PEOPLE for Family campsites (this includes children)
• A two (2) night minimum reservation is required for weekends, three (3) night minimum on Holiday weekends
• CHECK IN is 2:00 PM
• CHECK OUT is NOON
• All campsites include a picnic table, fire ring, and BBQ grill
• Dogs are welcome, county leash laws enforced; state mandate prohibits domestic animals in the water. Dogs are $5 per pet per day
• Reminder – there are no showers or hook ups
CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY: Individual campsite cancellations or date of arrival changes are allowed up to 4 days prior to arrival date. Individual campsite non-refundable reservation and change fees are $9, cancellation fee is $15. There are no refunds for cancellations or changes made within 4 days of arrival date.
• Group Area reservations include up to 50 people
• Additional person(s) charge is $4 per person per day, camping and/or day use
• Maximum total number of people is 75 for Groups #1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & Event Center. Group Area #6 limited to 30 persons at any time (These maximums include overnight guests and day users)
• Dogs are welcome, county leash laws enforced; state mandate prohibits domestic animals in the water
• Reminder – there are no showers or hook ups
GROUP CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY: Group campsite cancellations or date of arrival changes are allowed up to 14 days prior to arrival date. Group campsite non-refundable reservation and change fees are $20, cancellation fee is $50. There are no refunds for cancellations or changes made within 14 days of arrival date.
SUMMER GATE HOURS (May 1st -September 30th)
Sunday-Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 6:30 a.m. - midnight
WINTER GATE HOURS (October 1st-April 30th)
Sunday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 7:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
AFTER HOURS ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING DAY
PARK USERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS.
Sly Park Recreation Area Rules and Regulations
It is the responsibility of all park users to know and follow all park rules and regulations at all times. Use of the Districts recreational lands is a privilege. Recreational use privileges may be revoked at any time for violations of Federal, State, County, or District laws, or rules; non-payment of fees; behavior that endangers people, animals, or facilities; or behavior that diminishes the recreational experience of others. (AR 10011.1)
• Failure to pay any fee established for entrance or use is prohibited and considered trespassing/ defrauding (PC 537(a/c)).
• Entry after gate hours prohibited.
• DAY-USE hours are from park opening until sunset.
• DAY-USE visitors are permitted in DAY-USE areas and non-developed shoreline areas only. Do not use numbered campsites for DAY-USE.
• Domestic animals are prohibited in the water or streams per the State Drinking water agreement (AR 10019) (CA HSC div. 104 part 10 Ch. 5 Article 1 Sec 115842(b)).
• Children wearing diapers are prohibited in the lake per the State Drinking water agreement (AR 10019) (CA HSC div. 104 part 10 Ch. 5 Article 1 Sec 115842(b)).
• Annual permits are for day use only. Access is subject to availability and valid only during posted day use hours. Annual permit period is based on a calendar year. Permit stickers must be attached to the driver-side mirror or exterior windshield, on the vehicles for which they were purchased, to be valid (AR 10011.3)
• County ordinance require dogs be kept on a maximum 10-foot leash and under control at all times (El Dorado Co Ord. 6.12.070(A)).
• Clean up after pets (AR 10011.7), do not leave pets unattended.
• Dispersed camping is prohibited on any EID recreation property.
• Camping check-in is at 2:00 pm. Check-out is at noon, sites must be occupied within the first 24 hours.
• Camping is limited to a maximum of 14 nights in any 30 day period.
• Campsite occupancy is limited to eight (8) people per site at any one time.
• QUIET HOURS are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
• The use or operations of generators, portable radios, audio devices and other loud noises are prohibited during quiet hours.
• Generator use is allowed only from 7 am to 9 am, noon to 2 pm, and 5 pm to 8 pm. Generator use is not allowed at other times.
• Car stereos and loud music prohibited at all times.
• Fires must be confined to barbecues and fire rings provided in campsites. Portable camp stoves/charcoal grills may be used at developed sites only (AR 10011.9).
• Fires should be contained within the designated fire ring and NEVER exceed 36 inches in height or be left unattended (AR 10011.10).
• Gathering dead and downed wood is permitted, provided wood fits safely in the fire ring and is no greater than six (6) inches in diameter.
• No garbage shall be burned in the fire ring (AR 10011.9).
• Minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
• People under the age of 21 are prohibited from possessing and/or consuming alcoholic beverages.
• Vehicle occupancy in campsites is limited depending upon the campsite.
• No overnight vehicle parking in day use areas.
• Depositing in a toilet vault anything other than excrement is prohibited.
• Possessing or leaving refuse, debris or litter in an exposed or unsanitary condition is prohibited.
• Placing in or near a stream, lake or other water any substance which does or may pollute said water is prohibited.
• Dumping of any trash or debris brought from private property is prohibited.
• Attaching signs, paper plates, posters or the like to trees and buildings is prohibited.
• Storage or use of household furnishings/anything that can be construed as non-essential camping equipment is prohibited.
• Bathing in the lake or at water faucets is prohibited.
• Personal hygiene in the lake or at water faucets is prohibited.
• Cleaning fish and washing dishes in the lake or at water faucets is prohibited.
• Paint guns, BB guns or projectile devices of any type are prohibited.
• Display or use of firearms or weapons of any kind are prohibited.
• Use of marijuana is prohibited in public areas.
• County ordinance prohibits all fireworks.
• Metal detectors, and radio controlled boats/planes/cars/drones are prohibited.
• Skateboards, roller skates/ blades, scooters are prohibited.
• The Second dam is off limits to all visitors and activities.
• Visitors shall not damage or deface any recreation property owned or leased by the district (AR 10016).
• Visitors to district recreation facilities shall not dig up, remove, or damage any tree, plant, shrub or other vegetation (AR 10016).
• Removing any timber, tree or other forest product, except as authorized by a special-use authorization, or timber sale contract is prohibited.
• Use of chainsaws within the park is prohibited unless authorized by contract or permit.
• Entering any building, structure or enclosed area owned or controlled by EID, when such an area is not open to the public, is prohibited.
• Disturbance or damage to archaeological or historical materials or formations is a crime in the State of California and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law (PRC Section 5097.955; CPC Section 622).
• Visitors shall not engage in soliciting, selling, or peddling any good or services, or distribute any circular in the area without prior approval of the district (AR 10011.1).
• Commercial use of District facilities are subject to an application procedure, proof of insurance, and payment of applicable fees (AR 10011.11).
• California vehicle code laws are to be observed within the parks’ boundaries.
• No one may ride in the back of a pick-up, or in a vehicle without seatbelts.
• No one may ride in a boat being towed on land.
• Use of off-highway vehicles (OHV’s) is prohibited in the park.
• It is prohibited to operate a vehicle carelessly, recklessly, without regard for safety, or in a manner that endangers any person or property.
• All vehicles are restricted to designated roads & parking areas and no maintenance shall be performed on vehicles within the park
• No vehicles allowed below the high water line.
• Speed limit within campgrounds is 5 MPH; and 15 MPH on main park roads (AR 10011.4).
• State and county boating laws are enforced.
• Boating travel pattern on the lake is one way, counter-clockwise.
• Maximum speed on the lake is 35 mph or the posted speed limit (AR 10011.5).
• Boating speed limit is 5 mph within 200 feet of swimmers, docks, boat ramps and shoreline, and 100 feet from down skiers, other boats, and in the lake narrows.
• All boats must meet state noise standards and may be subject to testing at any time.
• When towing skiers/boarders/tubers, shoreline stops and starts are prohibited.
• Boats are not to be operated inside marker buoys at Pinecone, the main day use area, at the dams, or at the spillway areas.
• Operation of motorized boats limited to daylight hours.
• Islands are off limits to all visitors.
• Overnight camping on boats is prohibited.
• Use of personal watercraft prohibited (AR 10011.5).
• Swimming is prohibited within boat lanes, restricted areas, and no farther than 150 feet from the shoreline.
• Discharging of fuel, oil and hazardous substances into Jenkinson Lake is absolutely prohibited. Violators are subject to substantial civil and/or criminal penalties, including fines and imprisonment. (40 CFR 110.3)
******Recreation staff reserves the right to refuse service at any time. Recreation staff reserves the right to investigate and interpret rules, regulations, and all activities within El Dorado Irrigation District recreation facilities. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will result in eviction from El Dorado Irrigation District property. Staff decisions are final and not open to arbitration. ******
Existing reservations can be viewed at: https://www.webreserv.com/myreservations.do
|Back to information page|