LAZY TROUT MOTEL & (nightly) CABIN RENTALS PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE WE OPERATE IN A VERY REMOTE RESORT AREA THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM AN URBAN AREA. PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY.
LAZY TROUT RENTS ONLY NIGHTLY RENTALS AS PER ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE TERMED "TRANSIENT LODGING". PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TRANSIENT LODGING IS EXEMPT FROM THE ARIZONA STATUTES RELATING TO THE "ARIZONA LANDLORD TENANT ACT" LAZY TROUT CABIN RENTALS LLP DOES HAVE A DESIGNATED REAL ESTATE BROKER.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT: We thank you so much for renting a cabin or motel room from Lazy Trout Market LLC. Let’s make this the most enjoyable time for both parties. We expect you to respect our properties as we respect you renting from Lazy Trout Cabin Rentals LLP.
1) DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATIONS: We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover. All reservations must be secured by payment via credit card for one half (50%) of the full extent of your stay. The balance will be deducted from your credit card 5 to 7 days before check-in date. We will send you information, directions, and the code to the lock box where you will find the key. No need to check in anywhere. We do not “hold cabins” without a payment under any conditions stated or implied. If cancellation is less than 30 days from your arrival date all of your payments made are forfeited. You can call us within 48 hours prior to your arrival date and you will be afforded the opportunity to use those days at another date within the next 6-month period (excluding holidays), depending upon availability. If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your arrival date, the entire amount is refundable minus $45.00 for credit card charges and handling fees. Absolutely NO refunds will be issued for late arrivals, early departures or no arrivals.
2) MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS:
A: MOTEL: No minimum stay required except major holidays.
B: CABINS: There will be a two (2) night minimum stay for all reservations. Some reservations booked on a weekend will require both Friday and Saturday. Holidays may require additional nights. All major holidays will require a 4-night minimum for private cabins.
3) DOUBLE BOOKINGS: Double bookings are extremely rare, but mistakes can happen. In this rare event when Tenants booking dates are the same as another client's dates: Remedy A: Lazy Trout LLC to relocate Tenants to another cabin with another Lazy Trout LLC cabin or relocate Tenants to another cabin keeper's cabin of equal or greater value. If re-located cabin is of greater value, Lazy Trout LLC will pay for the difference of fees for the disputed dates. If re-located cabin is of lesser value, Lazy Trout LLC will refund the difference of value to Tenants. Remedy B: Tenants seek a full refund of all monies paid, including all deposits. Lazy Trout LLC will refund Tenants all moneys paid for their disputed bookings. Tenants will have the option to agree to option “A” and be relocated or “B” for a complete and full refund of all monies paid. Tenants agree that tenant’s choice between Remedy A and Remedy B is the sole remedy and waive all damages, liabilities and inconvenience by the double booking.
4) OCCUPANTS: Any and all individuals in a cabin or motel that is 3 years of age and over are considered an occupant. Lazy Trout charges per guests clearly stated on the web site and has a set rate as outlined. You must notify Lazy Trout Market LLC immediately and pay if you have more guests then clearly stated on all your communications with Lazy Trout Market LLC. Lazy Trout Market LLC or Lazy Trout LLC does and will inspect the number of occupants on its cabins. The owners live in Greer and drive by frequently.
A. Upon inspection and Lazy Trout Market LLC finds the number of persons greater than those paid for in your agreement we will can cell the contract and immediately evict any and all persons. We may bring Apache County Sheriffs to assist in this matter.
B. Visitors are allowed as long as Lazy Trout Market LLC is notified. Visitors must depart prior to 10:00 PM ("Greer Quiet Time")
C. Overnight persons may never exceed the number of persons as per contract.
D. Tents are allowed as long as the occupants of the tent are registered (counted) guest stated on your contract. Not under any circumstances can a tent be used to house additional guest not counted on your contract.
C. RV AND CAMPTRAILERS may never be parked on any of our properties.
5) CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT: Arrival time is at or after 3:00 PM. Departure time is 10:30 AM or earlier. If you would like to arrive or depart other than listed times, please let us know and we will explore the possibility for you. We will be happy to accommodate your needs if the possibility exists.
6) DAMAGES, MISSING ITEMS AND UN-WANTED CHARGES BY EITHER PARTY: Upon departure we will inspect for damaged or missing items and you will be charged accordingly as applicable.
THESE ARE MINIMUM CHARGES We don't want to charge them and you don't want to pay them.
A. $500.00 for scratching or defacing of wood walls or ceilings in cabins or motel.
B. $50.00 minimum leaving ovens, stoves or microwaves dirty.
C. $25.00 leaving dirty dishes
D. $50.00 leaving dog poop in the yard.
E. $50.00 excessive dog hair on furniture beds or rugs.
F. $200.00 - $500.00 smoking in cabin.
G. $100.00 clean up fee of your or your guest's vomit. ****To avoid this charge**** Please inform us of the incident immediately. If you have a washer in the cabin, please wash the articles. If you do not have a washing machine in your cabin, please call us for pickup of the articles and avoid this charge.
H. $?.?? damage-broken items will be replacement cost plus shipping at $30.00 per hour
I. $250.00 adding salts, oils bubbles or any other substance to a hot tub.
J. $500.00 damage to insulated hot tub cover. Keep it strapped down after each immediate use to avoid wind from blowing it off and causing damage.
K. $50.00 minimum moving furniture and not placing back as found.
L. $200.00 minimum damage to carpeting that requires cleaning or replacing.
7) ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING: We will not tolerate anyone smoking at the inside of any of our properties. Violation will be subject to immediate eviction. You will be charged in addition cleaning fee as follows: Motel room $200.00, Medium sized cabins $300.00. Large cabins $500.00. Smoking outside is permitted unless there is a red flag day. If you choose to smoke outside during red flag you could risk being arrested along with heavy fines. If you are in doubt, please call us or the Greer Fire District to clarify if it red flag or not. PLEASE DO NOT THROW YOUR CIGAR OR CIGARETTE BUTS IN YARD.
8) OUTSIDE FIRES IN GREER YOU MUST HAVE A FIRE PERMIT ISSUED BY THE GREER FIRE DISTRICT IN YOUR POSSESSION FOR THE EXACT BURN DATES. Failure to comply could result in an arrest by the Apache County Sheriff and heavy fines will be enforced. NO OUTSIDE FIRES ARE ALLOWED AT ANY OF LAZY TROUT CABINS OR MOTEL. Except those cabins that have designated fire pits build out of stone and cement. Even at those cabins you will need a burn permit as issued by the Greer Fire District. If your cabin has a designated fire pit you will find the instructions clearly posted in that cabin. WE DO NOT SUPPLY FIREWOOD FOR FIRE PIT.
(9) IF CABIN IS PET FRIENDLY IS ONLY DOG FRIENDLY: We do not supply any items for your dog/s such as kennels or leashes etc. Lazy Trout only accepts mature, well behaved dogs. No other type animals are allowed. That includes no cats. The maximum number of dogs is two (2). There is a fee associated with bringing your dog at $20.00 per dog per day. You are responsible for any damages created by your dog/s during your stay. You are also responsible for and all attacks or injuries sustained by other guests, our employees or other animals created by your dog’s actions. DO NOT ALLOW DOGS ON FURNITURE OR BEDS. IF YOU DOG IS ACCUSTOMED TO BEING IN BED WITH YOU, WE EXPECT YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN BLANKETS TO PROTECT LAZY TROUT PROPERTY. ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEES WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR CARD FOR HAIR ON BEDSPREADS. It is also expected of you to remove and properly dispose of you dogs feces. Dog owners are responsible to ensure their dog/s abide by the noise policy. Lots of other guests do not bring their dogs thus it is extremely important not to burden our other guests with your dog’s behavior. Please be courteous and respectful to other guests. Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate eviction from the premises and additional fees.
(10) BARBECUE GRILLS: Our cabins have BBQ grills for your use. Please use directions on grill for safety. Please turn gas off at propane bottle as soon as you are finished with the grill. At this time, we will supply the propane, but carelessly leaving the gas on may force us to change this to a fee based system.
(11) RIGHT OF SERVICE: Lazy Trout reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Lazy Trout Cabins are leased without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or handicapped will fully comply with the equal rights.
(12) RATE CHANGE: Rates subject to change without notice of future bookings.
(13) FIREWORKS AND OTHER HAZARDS: Fireworks are not allowed in all of Apache County and that includes Greer.
(14) NOISE: Quiet time is between 10:00 PM and 6 AM. Please be respectful of our neighbors at all times. Noise complaints are subject to immediate eviction. We will ask for assistance from Apache County Sheriffs
(15) ACTS OF GOD/OTHER UNCONTROLLABLE: We strive to have your vacation as peaceful and quiet as possible. It is agreed that Lazy Trout Cabin Rentals will not be held responsible for events beyond Lazy Trout Cabins control that may interfere with Guests. Also, but not limited to Acts of God, including power outages, acts of governmental agencies, local or Federal levels, fire, war, strikes, weather conditions including snow and ice, or noises from construction at a nearby site. Under the above circumstances we will not offer a rebate or refund. Please be aware of weather forecasts and be prepared if 4-wheel drive and/or chains are needed for snow. All roads in Greer are Apache County roads. Most are not maintained by County or State. We make an effort to keep it plowed, but it is not always possible. You will find a snow shovel for your use if walk, stairs, and/or deck have snow.
(16) ATVS, OHV OR DIRT BIKES: There are lots of trails and places to ride. No riding or driving these vehicles on the Apache County roads or neighbors' property. These vehicles damage the road and create unwanted dust and noise. If Tenants vehicle is street legal and have the proper licenses and insurance to drive them, please only drive them to go to and from a place. Under no circumstances will we allow anyone to drive up and down the road with no specific destination. Failure to comply or complaints from neighbors will terminate this agreement. Tenants will be asked to vacate cabin immediately and no refunds will be made as it is considered a breach of this contract.
(17) TV, SATELLITE & INTERNET: Satellite TV and Internet service is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. Service level has been chosen by Lazy Trout cabins. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to Satellite TV service. Please understand that we are in a very remote area and outages are quite frequent and beyond our control.
(18) HOT TUB if applicable: DO NOT add anything to bathtub. If you add oils, Epsom salts or anything like that you will be charged $300.00 for us to drain and re-balance the hot tub. There is no extra charge for the use of the hot tub and is one of the amenities. The hot tub is provided as a convenience only and is not integral part to the agreement. We strive to keep the hot tub in good repair but problems can happen. We will do all we can to have the tub repaired as soon as possible. You are in a very remote area and the one and only repair shop is in Show Low 50 miles from Greer.
NO refund of rents shall be given for mechanical problems beyond our control. The chlorine level will be higher since we don't really know how many people are going to be using tub at the same time and to keep the tub sanitized for your use.
USE OF HOT TUB IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
(19) RODENTS AND OTHER ANIMALS: It is very important not to feed horse without the owner’s specific permission. Some of these animals are on a special diet to retain their health. Never feed the wild life. If you feed the wild life you are inviting the black bears. These are unpredictable animals and can put your life in danger. We try very hard to keep these wild animals away from you for your safety. Please do not leave any food outside of your cabin. If your garbage is full, please give us a call and we will happy to pick up the refuge.
Greer is in the middle of the wilderness. We love to see deer, elk, antelope, and so on, but we are not too impressed with rodents, raccoon and other smaller creatures. We strive to make The Lazy Trout Cabins as rodent free as possible by preventive measures. We have no control if Tenants leave doors open and these creatures make their way into the cabin. This is especially a problem during the cold winter months as they seek refuge in a warm cabin. Please notify us should Tenants have a problem with rodents.
(20) INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS: The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Lazy Trout LLC and owners against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired. The terms Lazy Trout LLC and Owner as used in this agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, agents, and representatives where the context requires or permits. The term tenants, clients, You, and Your as used in this agreement shall include Guests' heirs, successors, assigns, guests' invitees, representatives and other persons on the rental property during tenants’ occupancy without regard to whether such persons have authority under this agreement to be upon the rental property where the context requires or permits.
Please help us make this your best ever vacation ever by following these very basic and simple requirements.