Molas Lake Park and Campground
Terms & Conditions
GENERAL & DAY-USE POLICIES:
* Pets are welcome. All dogs must be on-leash at all times when in the park and never left unattended. Owners are responsible for picking up after their pets to ensure a clean campground, campsite and surrounding trails. This policy is strictly enforced.
* Day-Use Areas: Our four day-use areas are available free of charge, on a first-come first-serve basis. Each area has a BBQ grill and picnic table. Day-use hours are “Dawn-to-Dusk”.
* No swimming is allowed in Molas Lake.
* Fishing: Colorado Fishing Licenses can be purchased at Outdoor World in Silverton (1234 Greene St), which is about a 15 minute drive from the park. Alternatively, you can purchase a Colorado fishing license from the Colorado Parks and Wildlife or other outdoor store. Check the CPW Web Site for current license fees. You'll need to supply your own fishing equipment. Rainbow and brown trout are the most common species in the lake. Cleaning of fish is only allowed at the fish cleaning station and all unwanted fish byproduct must be bagged and discarded in the dumpster. Limit of fish is 4 per person.
CAMPING & RESERVATION POLICIES:
* The campground is open from June 1 to September 30 each year, weather permitting.
* No swimming is allowed in Molas Lake.
* Pets are welcome. All dogs must be on-leash at all times when in the park and never left unattended. Owners are responsible for picking up their pets to ensure a clean campground, campsite and surrounding trails. This policy is strictly enforced.
* Check-In begins at 1:00 PM. Check-Out: 11:00 AM. Any arrival after our store/office closes at 7:00 PM, a map with your name on it will be placed on the office door with directions to your campsite. Please call us if you cannot make it before 7:00 PM at (970) 387-4022. All campsites must be vacated by 11:00 AM on check-out day.
* Minimum Check In Age is 18 Years Old. Guests aged 17 Years Old and under at the time of check in are considered children. At least one adult (person at least 18 years old) must be in your party and present at check-in.
* Maximum number of guests per campsite is 8 (if you have more, reserve more than one site).
* Maximum number of tents per campsite is 2 (if you have more, reserve more than one site).
* Maximum number of vehicles per campsite is 2 (if you have more, reserve more than one site). RVs, pop-up trailers, or any other wheeled trailer are counted as one vehicle. Any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 387-4022.
* For groups of 15 or more, please Email Us or call 970-387-4022 for group site information.
* All reservations and drive-in campers MUST STOP at the OFFICE before entering the campground and check-in with the Camp Host.
* New for 2017 season - your reservation is by Camp Site #. If your stay is longer than a certain site is available, we encourage you to make multiple reservations and switch sites.
* The Campground has limited cell service, no internet connectivity, no electricity and no RV hook-ups, or dump station.
* Firewood is available for sale from the Camp Host. Due to ecological concerns and the appearance of invasive species, campers are strictly prohibited from bringing firewood from out-of-state.
* Hot water shower facilities are available for $5.00 per token. Showers are open from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
* Generators must be reasonably quiet and are ONLY ALLOWED in the Standard RV (Rock Cliff Area) Sites and Lake-View Ultra RV and Lake-View Small RV Sites from 8am to 8pm. Generators are not allowed in the general campground at any time.
* Our online reservation system allows campers to reserve a campsite in their chosen site TYPE (category) and to select an individual campsite by site #.
* Reservations are highly recommended, but not required. If you arrive without a reservation, the campground management will make every effort to place you at a site, subject to availability and existing reservations. Note, we normally sell out from mid-June to late August - book early. Our online reservation system opens on January 1st, with most summer reservations being booked prior to the campground opening.
* During the July 4th and Labor Day Holiday periods, prices are increased by 50%. If you have not made a reservation, please save yourself a trip: Molas Lake Campground is guaranteed to be at capacity during these times. Click HERE (Lodging>Camping/RV) for more information about camping during July 4th. Click HERE (Lodging) to contact other lodging and camping options during July 4th and Labor Day holiday periods within the Town of Silverton.
* Credit Card charges will appear as Molas Lake Campground on your statement.
* To cancel or change your reservation, please either Email Us or call the campground at 970-946-6570 and specify that you booked your reservation online.
* Cancellations made within four days of your arrival will incur a charge equal to 50% of your total reservation fee, plus tax. No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 3 days of your arrival.
|Back to information page|