Chesnut Bay Resort Features
Lakehouse Rental, Lakefront Beach, Kayak Rentals. 2 Swimming Pools, 2 Playgrounds, Covered Pavilions, Walking Trails . Multi-Courts, Amphitheatre, 45 to 50 Seat Conference Room w/kitchenet bookings thru Pirate's Bay WaterPark . On-site Boat and JetSki Rental, Deep Water Access, Docks, Boat Storage, General Store, RV Park & More
During Peak Season summer months, there are daily scheduled activities and many evening activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Rental Policies and Procedures
Online reservations are pending until confirmed by email from Chesnut Bay Township LLC.
A (2) night minimum stay is required. A longer minimum stay may be required during peak season and holiday periods. Holidays include Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Chesnut Bay Resort is a private, gated resort. The amenities are for our guests only.
Chesnut Bay wristbands are required during peak season for owners and guests. Anyone on the premises without wristbands will be asked to leave.
Quiet time at the resort begins at 10:00 p.m. nightly. Outdoor music and loud noises are prohibited after this time.
1. NON-SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed inside any home or building at Chesnut Bay. Guests are welcome to smoke outside, except in areas designated by signage as Non-Smoking areas. All smoking materials should be discarded in appropriate receptacles and not thrown onto the ground. Failure to comply with the non-smoking policy will result in a $300.00 charge for additional cleaning.
2. PET POLICY: No other animals beyond domesticated cats and dogs will be considered as pets, and will not be allowed in the resort.
A $25.00 cleaning fee per pet will be added to your cleaning fees. Absolutely NO PETS are allowed on furniture or beds. Some homes are pet friendly; however, any guest with a pet in a “no pet” home will be charged $200.00 for additional cleaning.
When outside the home, pets must be on a leash no longer than 12 feet and attended by an adult at all times. Pets may not be tied up outside the home.
Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any pet refuse. Pet damage will result in additional charges. Chesnut Bay assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to pets while on the premises. Pets are limited to “one” pet per small home, 3 bedrooms or less; and “two” pets per large home with four bedrooms or more. No pet may weigh over 20 lbs.
Guests bringing a pet must have prior approval.
Some breeds considered to be aggressive, such as German Shepherds, Pit Bulls, any Bulldog, Chows, Rottweilers and Dobermans, are not allowed at Chesnut Bay Resort. Please check with management to determine if your breed is approved prior to arrival.
3. RENTAL AGE LIMITS: Vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult or guardian, are not allowed to rent at Chesnut Bay Resort. Keep in mind that Chesnut Bay is a family resort; please refrain from profanity at all times.
4. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: During “Peak Season,” check-in time is after 4:00 p.m. CST and check-out is at 10:00 a.m. CST. During “Off Season,” check-In is after 4:00 p.m. CST and check-out is 10:00 am.
The guest responsible for reservation payment is required to check in during normal business hours at the Chesnut Bay Office.
Parties that will be arriving after office hours must make arrangements with the office personnel no later than 2 hours prior to the office closing. The responsible party for the guests that do arrive late is required to check in at the Chesnut Bay office no later than 10:00 a.m. CST on the morning after the late arrival.
*NOTE: Wristbands are provided and are required to be worn by ALL guests (including Day guests) while visiting Chesnut Bay Resort. This policy is strictly enforced. Lost, damaged or cut-off wristbands will be replaced at a cost $5.00 each.
5. PAYMENT TERMS: Payment is to be made in full at the time of booking. Chesnut Bay Resort accepts Discover, MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and personal checks payable to Chesnut Bay Township. We do not accept third party checks. There is a $50.00 charge for returned checks.
Effective November 2019, ALL bookings incur a 3% Booking/Admin Fee.
6. CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS / RESCHEDULING: Chesnut Bay Resort has numerous reservation requests and few walk-in guests; therefore cancellations impact the resort significantly. During PEAK Season, Chesnut Bay requires notification of your cancellation by email at least 60 days prior to your planned arrival date. Cancellations more than 60 days prior to arrival date will be charged a $30.00 (per home) Administration Fee. Homes cancelled inside of 60 days will be charged 50% of the stay plus taxes. No REFUND if canceled within 30 days prior to the arrival date.
During OFF Season, Chesnut Bay requires notification of your cancellation by email at least 30 days prior to your planned arrival date. Cancellations more than 30 days prior to arrival date will be charged a $30.00 (per home) Administration Fee. Homes cancelled inside of 30 days will be charged a 2-night stay plus taxes. No REFUND if canceled inside of 7 days prior to arrival date.
RESCHEDULING RESERVATIONS: Any changes or rescheduling of a reservation (other than adding additional days) will be subject to a $25.00 rescheduling fee & will be final. No multiple changes. Rescheduling of a reservation for a holiday stay within 30 days of arrival date will NOT be permitted (other than adding additional days).
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of down payment and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to stay at Chesnut Bay Resort.
8. SECURITY/DAMAGE: When making your reservation, a valid credit card is required to be kept on file as security deposit. Chesnut Bay accepts Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Visa. The credit card on file will not be processed for damage provided the following provisions are met:
No damage or loss to property, home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services.
All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside between the hours of 7 a.m.-11 a.m.
Soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
Linens are stripped from the bed and placed in a pile by the bedside.
No bed or bath linens are lost or damaged.
Rented life jackets are returned.
There is no smoking in the home.
Door keypad isn’t damaged.
All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
9. MAXIMUM GUESTS: The maximum number of guests per home is set and limited by the owner of the home. Over occupancy in any house is subject to a charge of $100.00 per person, per day over the listed set maximum occupancy. This policy will be strictly enforced. Guests are welcome to have a maximum of four visiting “Day” guests on-site per home at a charge of $25.00 per guest per day.
All “Day” guests must check in at Chesnut Bay Office to obtain “CBR Day Guest” armbands. Day Guests must depart premises no later than 8 p.m.
10. HOLIDAYS: Longer minimum stays may be required during peak seasons and holiday periods, and holiday stays have a different cancellation policy.
11. NO DAILY CLEANING SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included in the home, Chesnut Bay does not offer daily cleaning service.
One roll of paper towels, one roll of toilet tissue per bathroom, three trash bags, and two dishwasher soap tablets will be in the home upon arrival. Other than the initial supply, no additional paper products or cleaning products will be supplied by Chesnut Bay.
Guests are welcome to bring trash bags, cleaning supplies and any personal items you will need. Additional paper products, trash bags, cleaning supplies and personal hygiene products are available in the General Store/Office at a minimal cost.
Chesnut Bay also suggests that you bring beach/pool towels. All resort supplied towels and linens must remain inside the home. No clothing or towels may be placed on railings at anytime.
12. PARKING: Parking is not allowed on grass areas at anytime with no exceptions.
Vehicles, boat trailers, etc. are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Due to Fire Department Regulations, parking is not allowed on any street. Extra parking is provided in overflow lots only. Any illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing. Applicable fines and/or towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Only persons listed on the Amenities Form and wearing a valid Chesnut Bay Resort Guest armband will be allowed use of resort amenities.
Chesnut Bay Resort reserves the right to revoke use of any and all amenities for any reason.
13. Swimming Pools: The swimming pools DO NOT HAVE LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY. An adult must accompany all swimmers under 14 at all times in the pool areas. Pool rules and hours are posted. Please adhere to them for the safety and enjoyment of everyone.
NO SMOKING, NO GLASS CONTAINERS and NO PETS are allowed in the pool areas. Though Chesnut Bay will make every effort to heat one pool during the off season, swimming pool(s) are not guaranteed to be heated and are opened as early and closed as late each year as weather permits.
14. GAS GRILLS: Gas grills are provided at each home. Please use caution and do not move the grill from the location it was in when you arrived. If you run out of gas in the grill, please notify the General Store / Office during normal office hours and a staff member will be glad to replace it for you at no additional charge.
15. ADULT BEVERAGES: Adult Beverages are allowed in the resort with a few minor restrictions. When outside the home any adult beverages must be in a plastic glass or if in a can, inside a “koozy.”
ALL GLASS CONTAINERS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED outside the home. All guests are expected to observe responsible beverage consumption and personal behavior. Unruly conduct will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the resort without refund.
16. QUIET TIME / CURFEW: Quiet time in the Resort and RV park begins at 10:00 p.m. each night and lasts until 7:00 a.m. the following morning. No loud or obnoxious behavior that will bother other guests will be tolerated after 10:00 p.m. Children 18 years old and younger must be back at their rental home by 11:00 p.m. unless accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.
17. BIKES, SCOOTERS: Non-motorized vehicles, including but not limited to bicycles, tricycles and scooters, are welcome, but may not be ridden after dusk. All proper safety gear, including helmets must be worn.
Personal Golf carts are not permitted. We do have Golf Cart Rentals available at the office.
Guest must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license to rent the Golf Carts and Guests must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart.
18. RATE CHANGES: Rates are set by the homeowners or vendors and are subject to change without notice.
19. RISK / LIABILITY: All of the homes are privately owned. Chesnut Bay Township LLC, Chesnut Bay Resort, Great Escapes RV Resorts LLC, Great Escapes Chesnut Bay RV Resort LLC, Chesnut Bay Owners Association, Inc., individual homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities.
Great Escapes Chesnut Bay RV Resort LLC, Chesnut Bay Township LLC, is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or that of others whom they invite to use the premises.
20. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved by the Great Escapes Chesnut Bay RV Resort management in writing in advance.
By renting a home, signature or acceptance of the online reservation terms, each guest agrees to and thoroughly understands the Chesnut Bay Resort Rental Policies.
Copyright 2022 Great Escapes Chesnut Bay RV Resort LLC, Chesnut Bay Township LLC
4480 County Road 44
Leesburg, AL 35983